Want to be part of transforming road freight – for good? Einride is showing the world a new way to move, based on the latest digital, electric and autonomous technologies. Through our offering – freight capacity as a service – we enable businesses around the world to accelerate towards their sustainability goals.
Founded in 2016, Einride became the first company in the world to deploy a cab-less autonomous electric vehicle on a public road (Sweden, 2019). In 2022, we were the first to successfully operate such a vehicle on a US public road. Today, we are a team of more than 500 people, and our award-winning technology is being deployed across 8 countries (and counting). Our clients include some of the world’s biggest shippers, including Fortune 500 companies.
We are looking for an energetic and deeply-technical software engineering manager, who is passionate about leading a team of experienced software and machine learning engineers and helps building up and maturing our autonomous driving software stack.
As Engineering Manager for the Machine Learning & Perception team at Einride Autonomous Technology, you will join our senior software leadership team and drive the AI capabilities of our Lidar-/camera- and radar-based perception stack. In this high-growth potential role you will have the opportunity to lead and drive change together with other ambitious, innovative and product-focused people who all challenge conventional thinking, think big, and aim high.
At Einride everyone is responsible for their work end to end, from development to production. As one of our central leadership team members, you will help us to improve developer happiness, foster our fearless development culture and lead by example.
- Lead a spearheading team of perception algorithm and machine learning engineers
- Significantly grow this team over this and coming years and select the best machine learning engineers for your team
- Support the development of a fully AI-capable autonomous driving software stack and build up a strong machine learning footprint in Gothenburg and Stockholm
- Own the software quality metrics and best engineering practices for your team
We expect you to:
- Have deep practical experience in building a Lidar-/camera or radar-based perception stack
- Bring production experience from robotics, robo-taxis or other autonomous vehicle domains
- Have deep understanding and experience in developing machine learning algorithms for object detection, classification or labeling
- Have significant hands-on experience in (embedded) software development of perception systems
- Experience in Autonomous Driving stack development in the automotive domain is a big plus
This is a full-time position based in Gothenburg. We recommend that you submit your application as soon as possible since selection and interviews are held continually.
At Einride, we are innovators, building solutions the world has never seen before – but urgently needs. That’s why we take action, and it’s why we are always eager to be challenged. We know that our best innovations come from having a diverse mix of people, including those of different experiences, career paths, and walks of life. By coming together and sharing our perspectives openly – by disagreeing, discussing, and committing – we deliver greater impact.